Aren’t you excited that the avenues to travel – for business, with friends and family, and even solo backpacking have finally opened up! But those of you who are on a weight loss diet, the imminent fear of obesophobia (fear of gaining weight) while on a vacation can throw cold water on all the excitement and plans. The scenario with regards to food while on a vacation is different from when you are at home because you have no control over cooking or the ingredients involved. We often let our guards down and give into temptations and cravings while holidaying and most people find it challenging to be on a weight loss program, and while on travel, sticking to the regular routine can get quite difficult. As we have mentioned earlier, business travel, pleasure trips, family vacation all situations when people let go and come off their weight loss wagon. A recent survey has revealed that up to 44 percent people gain weight during business trips. Indulging in unhealthy foods, give into cravings, and are less likely to exercise all add up handsomely on holidays. A vacation should be an opportunity to get away from the mundane daily grind, and healthy eating should be a practice you should stick to if you are desperate to lose weight. After all, you should come out of a vacation feeling happy and energetic and not disappointed and guilty of going off track with the panic of gaining back all the lost weight. But, let us make this very clear, you don’t have to say bye bye to healthy eating and slack on exercise, or put a halt on your weight loss diet while vacationing. In this post, we list down effective tips to stick to weight loss diet while travelling.
1. Travel with Healthy Food: Homemade protein bars, unflavoured Greek yogurt, nuts, almond butter, muesli are some of the healthy foods that you can actually travel with. You can also carry or pick fresh fruits while waiting for long hours at the airport to curb cravings for unhealthy food.
2. Check out Weight Loss Diets on Rati Beauty app: The various diet programs are tailor made for all kinds of people who want to lose weight, even for people who are holidaying and still want to lose weight. Download the Rati Beauty app on your phone for more details. Also, healthy food is not about deprivation or bland food anymore, do check out the diets to know more.
3. Carry along Healthy Fats: Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and healthy fats that not only curb unnecessary cravings, they also keep metabolism high and the fat-burning process switched on.
4. Get Enough Protein: Make a thumb rule to get a good amount of protein while traveling. Boiled eggs, cottage cheese, quinoa, hummus, oats, tofu, steamed vegetables based dishes are not hard to find and every place that you travel to, and the protein factor would boost metabolism, increase thermogenesis, and keep you full for long hours, preventing overeating. Read about 17 Cheapest Protein Sources at the Grocery Store.
5. Mindful Eating in Breakfast Buffets: They serve everything in breakfast buffets – from croissants, cookies, doughnuts to even plain biscuits, the unhealthy options at the breakfast spread is unlimited! The trick is to steer clear of sugary delights and high-calorie food. Instead opt for Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, oatmeal, muesli, eggs, and there’s no harm in trying the local cuisine because most of them turn out to be healthy.
6. Remind yourself to Drink Enough Water: Do whatever you can, half hourly reminders on the phone, water tracker apps, anything that can help you stay hydrated to curb cravings, avoid dehydration, and in keeping the metabolism high.
7. Pack Healthy Snacks: Low-carb and low-calorie snacks can be part of easy-to-pack healthy snacks. For example, unsalted almonds, no-added sugar protein bars, etc. Here’s a list of some healthy snacks that you can carry along. Do check out 12 Health-Friendly Tasty Snacks.
8. Avoid Empty Calories: Sodas, colas, diet can flush your body with hundreds of calories that would be hard to burn off later. Better options would be sparkling soda, lemon water, and the best one, plain water!
9. Order a Salad Plate Before Major Meals: It would be a great idea to eat a bowl or plate of salad before every meal to cut down calories later on.
10. Avoid the Bread Basket: Those bread baskets that have free goodies inside and keep your hunger in check while the ordered food arrives contains loads of calories, and if you have to practice self control, do it around the bread basket.
11. Go Low Carb: It would be a good idea to go low carb while vacationing to avoid extra calories. Here are 8 Low Carb Foods Alternatives for High Carb Food Items.
12. Manage 10,000 Steps Each Day: If it’s a holiday and vacation with friends or family, it’s easy to manage 10,000 steps per day. Even if it’s a business trip, stay as active as possible, and continue burning calories.
13. Avoid Salty and High-Sodium Food: Steer clear of salty and high-sodium food that adds up to bloating and water retention, firing up that “all or nothing attitude” which would throw you off the weight loss wagon.
14. Explore Local Produce: A good tip to eat healthy while traveling is to explore local cuisine and produce, which majorly would be healthy.
15. Fill Half of your plate with Vegetables: Vegetables, barring a few exceptions, are extremely low in calories and considered one of the most-filling foods. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. To eat healthy, fill up at least half of your plate with veggies during each meal.
16. Shop from Local Grocery stores: Healthy and delicious options would be available wherever you go, and for that, you need to hit the supermarket and local grocery stores. Greek yogurt, fresh fruits, high fiber cereal are just a few options that we can list out.
17. Eat from Smaller Plates or Bowls: Practice portion control and control calories by a great degree by eating from smaller plates or even bowls.
18. Search for Restaurants that Serve Healthy Food: Explore on the net and research about local places that serve healthy food. Do not rely entirely on the hotel where you are staying for all your meals.
19. Practice this Amazing Tips with Desserts: Researchers have often observed that skinny people chew slowly, even if it’s a delicious dessert, and by the third bite, they are often full and push the plate away. When you chew slowly, your body sends signal to your brain that you are full at the correct time. On the contrary, when you are eating food at a fast pace, the signal to the brain is made late and by that time, you would have eaten more than necessary, piling calories in the process. Practice this technique when you have to bite into desserts while traveling.
Also, it’s completely okay to indulge while enjoying your days off while vacationing, but do remember to bet back on the wagon soon and do consider each meal as a new start and opportunity to start eating healthy.
Aren’t you excited that the avenues to travel – for business, with friends and family, and even solo backpacking have finally opened up! But those of you who are on a weight loss diet, the imminent fear of obesophobia (fear of gaining weight) while on a vacation can throw cold water on all the excitement
The post How To Stick to Weight Loss Diet While Travelling appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.