Whew – let’s collectively bid adieu to 2020 and embrace a fabulous new 2021! There are SOO many things to look forward to including enjoying more time with family and friends. If you’re setting goals for the year, what are you aiming for? To lose weight? Lead a healthier lifestyle? Here are some tips to help you lead your best life in 2021.
Set yourself up for success!
Making little changes now can add up to a healthier you. Rather than declaring you’re going to lose 20 pounds, decide instead to give up sweets, or limit yourself to a very occasional indulgence. You’ll be surprised how cravings for sweets go away the less you eat them.
Declaring you’re going to work out 5 (or more) days a week may not be ‘do-able’ for a number of reasons. Instead, take baby steps. Choose parking spots that require a bit of a walk to the entrance. Hold off on taking the elevator or escalator and opt for the stairs instead. There are loads of free exercise classes online – yoga, stretching, dance, high-intensity interval training, and more. Definitely worth checking out!
Take Care of Your Mouth
Here’s another tip to make sure you are getting yourself in tip-top shape, and it starts with your mouth. Think about it – your mouth is the gateway to your body and a powerful tool to help achieve optimal health. Naturally, we have both positive and harmful bacteria in our mouths. The harmful bacteria leads to gingivitis, cavities, periodontal disease and, not to mention, dreaded bad breath – ugh! Bleeding gums can allow bad bacteria to enter the bloodstream, which can create additional health problems.
The good news is that oral-care probiotics containing ProBiora3® naturally repopulate the good bacteria in your mouth. Oral-care probiotics from ProBioraHealthTM are the only option which contain ProBiora3®, a patented blend of positive bacteria which supports gum and tooth health. These unique products are the only oral-care probiotics with bacteria native to teeth and gum. The natural ingredient colonizes along tooth surfaces and along the gum lines which crowds out the bad. ProBioraHealthTM oral-care probiotics are tasty mints which are easy to use – simply dissolve one daily in your mouth at bedtime and let the magic happen. As a bonus, they naturally create hydrogen peroxide which gently whitens teeth. For people that are prone to choking, simply crush the mint into powder before dissolving in the mouth.
According to a new study published in the British Dental Journal, poor oral hygiene may be connected to serious COVID-19 complications due to high levels of harmful oral bacteria. The study suggests that good oral health practices could help reduce post-COVID-19 complications, such as respiratory infections. So, while COVID-19 has a viral origin, it’s suspected that in severe cases, complications such as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress (ARDS) may be caused by bacterial superinfections.
Listen to a pro, “We think everyone should be extra careful during the pandemic, and oral-care probiotics are a great way to help keep the oral cavity in balance 24-7,” Dr. Eric Goulder, a cardiologist and founder of the Heart and Stroke Prevention Center in Central Ohio. Learn more at ProBioraHealth.com and enjoy a 10% discount when you use the promo code PW10.
So now that you are ready to have a healthy mouth and embark on a healthy New Year, how about a delicious healthy recipe to get you started? Enjoy this fabulous recipe for Mexican Breakfast Burritos courtesy of Weight Watchers. It takes just 15 minutes, serves six, and a fantastic ‘grab and go’ breakfast as you head out the door.
Weight Watchers Breakfast Burritos
· Reduced-fat sour cream – 6 Tbsp
· Fat-free salsa – 6 Tbsp
· Cooking spray – 2 spray(s)
· Uncooked onion(s) – ½ medium, chopped
· Poblano chile -1 medium, chopped
· Egg(s) – 8 item(s)
· Kosher salt ¾ tsp
· Ground cumin – 1 tsp
· Cayenne pepper – 1 pinch
· Whole-wheat tortilla – 6 medium
· Weight Watchers Reduced fat Mexican style shredded cheese – ¾ cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper to skillet and sauté until slightly softened about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, salt, cumin, and cayenne; pour into skillet after vegetables are softened. Scramble mixture until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place a tortilla on a square of aluminum foil big enough to wrap tortilla in when rolled up; spoon about 1/2 cup egg mixture down center of the tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons each salsa mixture and cheese; fold up burrito-style and wrap tightly with foil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Bake until heated through, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Yields 1 burrito per serving.
We’d love to hear what your plans are to embrace a healthy start on the New Year – NewYear@probioraHealth.com
Prime Women | An Online Magazine